Xpro Controller v3
The CNC xPRO V3 Controller is an all-in-one multi axis CNC controller. It is a specifically designed for CNC applications and pre-loaded with the latest stable version of GRBL. The CNC xPRO is equipped with 4 DRV8825 motor drivers; allowing for dual motor configurations on the X,Y, or Z axis. The CNC xPRO is printed on 2oz copper to handle heavy current and improve thermal management of the motor drivers.
What’s new for V3:
- Fully compatible with ESTLcam.
- Improved FTDI serial USB interface.
- Auxiliary PC fan header (12/24VDC Depending on supply voltage).
- 100% Input buffering to include limit switches (prevent false triggers).
- Step/Dir breakout pads to add external drivers.
- Z-Probe pin now accessible from screw terminal.
- Extremely robust power management for overvoltage/reverse voltage protection.
- Motor driver output LEDs for easier troubleshooting.
- Enhanced silkscreen with more pictures and less labels .
- 100% GRBL version 0.9j (& GRBL version 0.8c) compatible
- Capable of powering from ATX PSU (these are dirt cheap and we have tons laying around from recycled desktops)
- Capable of powering from a dedicated 12V/24V two wire power supply
- Drive 4 motors with DRV8825 Stepper Drivers – 2.5A (peak) with 1.75A (RMS) with up to 1/32 microstepping
- 1 Driver capable of cloning X,Y, or Z or being run as an independent axis
- Hardware support for both USB and Wireless Operation (XBee, WiFly, or blueBee)*
- Emergency Stop to cut all motor power (with optional override)
- 12V and 5V** outputs for powering peripherals (fans, pumps, vacuums)
- Quickly connect to Stepper Motors and limit switches with 3.5mm screw terminals and/or 4-pin 0.1″ (2.54mm) headers
- Expansion port for coming upgrades (handheld jog controller, integrated spindle speed control, etc.)
**5V output available with ATX PSU
Use the CNC xPro to drive:
- 4 Axis CNC Mill
- 3 Axis CNC Mill With Dual Drive Motors
- Laser Cutter With XY, Auto Focus, and Rotary Attachment
- Plasma Cutter
- Pick and Place for SMD components
- Or wireless robotics (would love to see this used on a wireless quadruped)
The CNC xPRO is designed to run the opensource gcode interpreter GRBL, opensource programming environment Arduino, or anything you can write in AVR studio. The xPRO comes pre-flashed with GRBL so all you need to do is wire up your motors!
From the computer side we have found that Universal-G-Code-Sender works extremely well (open source / free download).
Spark’s recommended software stack is:
- SketchUp, Inkscape, or Solidworks to design parts
- Openbuilds SketchUCam or CamBam
- Universal-G-Code-Sender or GRBL Panel to send gcode to the xPro
Most of these are opensource!
Getting Started and Basic Setup: